I really think the time is right for a big push for "Green Watersports" such as, sailing, and I'm talking about Hobie Waves, Getaways, Hobie Adventure Island Kayaks, pedal power, arm power and/or sail power.

Obama is on the gas milage kick, what better way to jump on that bandwagon than show the country how little gasoline you need (compared to a Jet Ski) to have a fun day on the water, and there is the physical excercise as well, something we fat-butt Americans need a lot more of. And you get some good, gas efficient car (a little Ford or something) to tow the little Wave trailers, show people you don't need a F350 Dually Diesel to haul your sailboat/kayak.

There's your "Two birds, One stone", no carbon footprint, and NO NOISE, which is my biggest problem with jet ski's here on my lake, they are so Freaking loud and obnoxious.

I swear if I had a 308 with a scope...

There's your marketing opportunity, you get Gatorade (or some other sports drink) to piggy back on it, Bullfrog sunblock, or Coppertone, somebody big who wants some exposure, pun intended.

You have a "Day of Fun in the Sun and Learn to Sail" Sponsored by Hobie, Gatorade, Bullfrog, with US Sailing provided free instructors, etc.

Do it on Daytona Beach at spring break. Now that I think more about that, maybe get Hawiian Tropic as your sunscreen sponsor, with their girls rubbing on the lotion! Hell, I'll take sailing lessons for some of that action!

The point is, when it comes to leisure sports/activities, I think you have to push it into people's faces. We all know men are impulse buyers. How many times have you been rigging up on the beach, to have some guy wonder up and start with all the questions, "Wow, that looks cool, what's it cost? Is that hard to do? Where are you guys from?" I would love to say, here, put this harness and life jackett on, let's get wet! And take out every one of them, but you know we don't have time for that at a regatta. BUT, if you put together some type of a "Come and give it a try, FREE!" type day, who knows?

You might sell a few boats and get some new blood into the sport, you point out the obvious advantages over a Jet Ski, the free-ness of it all(no gas), the Green-ness of it all(wind/solar powered), the way Chicks dig it, etc. and invite him to the next local regatta/party. Guys are always looking for an excuse to party, especially if it involves free beer on a beach!

Well, that's my storm in my brain...and I will be delivering some of my old Catsailor Mags. to my Dr. friend later today, as soon as I am well enough I'm taking him out on the Prindle, then the Blade if he's up for it.

Blade F16