...more staff would free up that one person with the kneepads and a smile to stay on top of calling...

Greeeeeeeeeat.

A good idea instead would be to post a complete blog roll on the website. I enjoyed Bonnie's comments, Dave Krantz' ESPN thing (2 million hits, did he say?), and Rick's reports -- the written stuff. I couldn't find the Moose-Burd blog until it was over (darn). And I missed out on the Pirates of Chesapeake too. The GPS stuff was incredible. A lot of the links I got from Seacats' site.

I hope Great Texas does a blog roll as well as the other good things on Tybee's! Hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean?

For anyone on a team who is on the fence about whether to blog or not, don't be doubtful. Your stuff will be read! IMO, the reason is that the audience is sailing people who love to hear the technical details. (Still hoping for a post on a failed spinnaker and recovery, for example?) This is what builds interest. In order to get interest, don't hide the blog lights under a basket, but put it on a blog roll! Then people like John better twitter.