OK Craig, now you've done it! Everyone get your butts to Sebring next March for the 12 hour American LeMans race, usually won by a turbo-diesel Audi! They've also got the Petron Tequila girls hanging out at the tent, you'll want to stop by for a "sample" no doubt!

These are full on race cars that will blow your mind if you have not seen how fast these things can corner! Thanks to Jack Whorle I got my first up front look at this race, even though I have lived 7 miles from the track for the past 12 years, never could justify the time/money/sunburn/deafness/etc. to spend the day out there, but Jack made me an offer I could not refuse, now I'm a convert! And they are pushing these race cars constantly for better gas millage, better motors, better brakes, better suspension, and it all trickles down to their production cars. I just wish I could afford a new Audi TT! Or that V12 thing that costs about $150,000 and goes 150mph! F-ME! They had a couple of them sitting on display, I kept trying to think of how I could sneak one out...

If you like fast cars and creative engineering, you have got to see these things up close!

There are several feeder type races leading up to the big 12hr. race, they have an excellent Vintage group of which Jack is king, some very nice old stuff there.

And as far as Sailboats not being Green because of the Petro Chemicals, show me anything that's green but made without petrochemicals of some sort, I guess we could use wooden A cats, staples, no glue, no paint...and cotton sails.

JQ Public could care less about petro chemicals. Just tell them the boats run on wind, not gas.

Last edited by Timbo; 05/21/09 12:17 PM.

Blade F16