The question isn't whether or not that the sponsors are "involved" in the industry or the activity or not. Its whether or not they get ROI. A sunscreen company would be a great fit for us! Until they realize that the biggest media we had there, SA, as big as it is, still isn't Main-Stream-Media coverage.

This year, I sent out emails and called quite a few TV stations' sports desks along the coast where we were stopping in an effort to get out sponsors in front of cameras and notepads.

I think the only one that bothered to come out was the Savannah paper (I'm told they were there, but I didn't actually see a reporter on the beach). If I'm mistaken, JW please correct me - I know you were working on this as well.

So the hard part of getting sponsorships isn't so much about them "fitting" into the sport. Its more about convincing them that there is an ROI with the event. Whether we like it or not, even this event is hard to get journalists to show up to despite people like Todd giving the camera more action than it can handle.