As Tad notes above, we contacted every TV and print media outlet we could, all the way up the coast. Some of them took the time to talk with us, and a couple sent cameras. I think we got fair coverage over the week, but I would love to see it become good coverage again. Originally, I was brought onto the team to manage media relations... with the staffing issues we were presented with, I wound up doing stickers, scoring, flags, safety checks, errands, web posts, etc. - just like everyone else on the RC, including Chuck and Judi. Chuck needs more staff, he knows it, and with the level of commitment shown by the teams to show up in numbers, I think he'll get there.

For reference, we actually spoke to reporters in Hollywood, Cocoa Beach, Fernandina Beach and in Tybee Island throughout the week. Four out of six checkpoints got newspaper and video coverage, and Hollywood and Tybee Island maintained little blurbs in the paper all week. I'm glad Claude got with the guy from the Jacksonville paper - I was down the beach with the demolition derby. Didn't even know the guy had shown up. Nice piece though, eh?

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.