Originally Posted by CatInTheHat
John, I was just saying that to Chuck the other day. I think it would awesome, and then maybe the milage would close in on 700 wich just sounds cooler than 600. I'm sure we cound find a suitable hotel somewhere. I think the Southernmost sits right there in a good location.

Also, does anyone know where the message to contact Skip Elliott with our serial numbers is?

Here ya go Larry,
They seem to be trying to make this right. I spoke with Harry and Skip and got positive feedback from both. They are taking responsibility which is nice to see.

"At this point I really don't know too much about it. I did get a call Friday afternoon from a person that told me it had happened. All I can tell you right now is that we switched the tape we use on them a few years ago after one sail failed with the old style tape. Since switching we have not had any failures, however it is obvious from this regatta that this tape is not strong enough either. We will certainly stand behind any of the sails that failed.

In the mean time I need to get more information on those sails so I can trace back to when they were built and see if they were all done with the same batch of tape or see if there were any other similarities or differences. If you have one of these sails please call me at the loft on Monday. I will need to know the serial number that is stamped on our logo on your sail.

Harry Pattison
Elliott / Pattison Sailmakers
949 645-6697"

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White