Frank's Post-Mortem:

After spending 9 days away from Pittsburgh and my wife Monica and three boys, I just now have the time to look at the many posts/opinions on this forum and felt I should give my thanks and congratulations to the many people who made this regatta so successful this year.

Having done a few Tybees, this week was the very best in my opinion. My thanks to my tireless ground crew for their superlative efforts. Tim Owens, our team manager had our boat dialed in and corrected every day. Daryl Moss has become a Tybee legend and is a great team member and even better friend. I can't imagine doing any major distance race without Daryl at my side. Bonnie Kohl's brilliant and effortless writing gave so many who could not be at the race a vivid decryption of the minute by minute details as only she can describe. And finally, to my dear friend Jake Kohl nothing need to be said - we have been through many great adventures on the Atlantic together and I hope we have many many more. A very good week Jake - thank you kindly.

I also wish to congratulate a some of the people who made the journey to Tybee Island last week:

Chris Zander and David Strickland of Team Seacats White. You guys sailed very well and had some bad luck with the boat. Shake it off and look forward to next year - Jake and I will help you get back to the line next year - start planning now. Bjorn and Robin stay after these guys and start planning for the next big event. Bjorn, the photos were great - thanks!

To Chuck, Judy, Neil, and the RC thank you for putting it on again. None of us appreciate the BS that you go through and I am glad you took the time to get us into the Keys this year. Chuck I apologize for some of my loud comments about the Canaveral matters - the RC passed judgment and enough said. It wasn't the first judgment I didn't like and I am certain it won't be the last. In the future, however, I suggest you add a sentence in the SIs that says the penalty will be 8 hours after the last boat in that day - problem solved! You will have the best little navigators in the world rounding the cape!

John Williams: God bless you for coming - your presence added greatly to the entire week. I hope to talk to you soon.

Rick Bliss: For those who remember, Rick was part of the Tybee RC in 2003 and was as helpful then as he was this year. I struggled mightily on Windy Hill's "barge" or HT18 - I hated that boat. Rick found us everyday and gave advice and support on how to do better. You will not meet a finer gentlemen at any regatta. FYI: Thank you for bringing your parts trailer - it kept many a boat on the line each day!!!

Trey, Tad, JC, Misha, Alison, Derek, Kate and the entire Velocity Sailing entourage - you guys helped make this regatta a great one! No one will ever know how expensive and time consuming it is to get your boat and team ready to go on this journey - and you managed to do it for SEVEN BOATS!!!!!!!!!! Also, getting professional sailors on the line helps the event greatly - thanks for convincing Carrie, JC, Misha and Eduard to come to the states for the event.

Jay and Laurel Sonnenklar thank you for organizing your teams and convincing Steve to come to Tybee this year. You young fellas sailed like champs all week and I greatly enjoyed your company and help all week. Congratulations on winning the N20 class - a pretty good lot of sailors!

FYI: Chris and Terry looked way too comfortable on the beach this year - pull out the foulies and get to the gym - I hope to see you guys on the water next year!

Jamie and Leondro thanks for coming - we managed to keep you guys in sight on quite a few legs this year but you were just too fast! Congrats to Leondro on his first Tybee - I hope you come back next year.

Jared and Colin - Another super regatta. Jared, let me know when your congressional campaign starts - I will gladly send a check! You have a very bright future and I look forward to seeing where the path of your future takes you.

Mike and David of Team Zhik/Layline - thanks for getting the F18 guys coming to the event. You guys had a great week and I promise to lend you our extra paddle next year!

To the New England Sailors: Chris T., Chris B., Todd, Brandon, Morgan, Tyler, Mike & Tripp - Congratulations on a terrific regatta! Spread the word and get some more Yankees to come to the race next year. Also, get Michael Ferrara on the water this summer - he needs some on the water training for next year's event!

Larry and Jackson you pilgrims have come very far indeed! You were fast and in the mix all week - I appreciate you being there and I am glad to have you as friends.

And lastly, to the TODD and his crew Jeff. Cat Fever had a great regatta and your flip at the finish line will grace many a magazine article(s) - I still don't know how you managed to walk away from that dreadful landing but I am very glad you did - look forward to sailing with you again soon.

Thanks,

Frank - Team Seacats

SUGGESTION: Hey Chuck, Let's start in Tybee and go North next year....Think about it.