I have talked to race management, largely made up of friends and relatives of the Sharpie sailors, they dont think its a problem because it is the way it has always been plus cat sailors just like to whinge.

Tried calling them out on the beach, escalated quickly and didn't end well.

We have both mixed and separate starts, its easy to avoid them if I stay away from the committee boat so no issue there. Mark roundings and port/starboard is the problem as having to tack from starboard onto port or sail inside the mark when mark room isn't given costs lots of time and it affects the results.

I agree it is fastest to minimalise interaction with other boats but with 60 boats on the same course its almost impossible to avoid them completely. When I'm in front or coming second or third I think its just plain wrong to loose 100 metres because 1 group of boats wont obey the rules, particularly when 60 seconds often covers the first three places in our fleet.

I am not going to reinforce my boat so I can collide with other boats. Camera idea is a good one, will give me something to use when I protest them.

I wont get backup from the other cat sailors, they are long term members and not interested in making waves.

For some reason it makes me feel better that sailors from other countries have the same problems, I appreciate the replies.
Darryn