Originally Posted by pepin
I'm sorry to say that you all F18 sailors who called Mike names or refused his ROW are wrong.

Where did you come up with this information? No one in the F-18 fleet called Mike names, nor did anyone in the F-18 fleet refuse Mike ROW.

If exasperation was expressed that Mike was sailing as a unscored boat along with the F-18 fleet, it was simply that. Allow me emphasize again that by asking to sail with the F-18 start, Mike gave up the opportunity to actually sail in a fleet where finish times were recorded and where he might have been able to at least have a handicap result. As it was, he instead chose to sail among the F-18s whose times were not recorded, and thus his time on course was not recorded.
He further put himself in the situation to affect the race outcome of the F-18 fleet - which did in fact happen. What was the point?! Really? It is not a question of bad sportsmanship - only a very realistic expression of a bad decision on the part of the race committee and also on the part of Mike by not seeing the non-sense in moving Mike to this start. I think this, and only this, is what the F-18 fleet was expressing.

C-Class USA75