Chris, I think Mike has said he was fouled. I didn't see him get fouled, but clearly the guy has come away with a bad taste in his mouth and has lain that at the feet of our fleet, not the RC. I think we'll need to look at how to better handle this in the future and let this episode be a lesson-learned - there is no "win" in this case, IMO. I had no clue, having been there, that this issue would become a topic - the weather, racing, club and companionship at the event in every direction I looked seemed a success. It took over a week for someone to speak up about a dissatisfying element. Best part is, it is something that can be addressed.

Darryn - sorry for the tangential hijack. I agree with others who have recommended you move on from that club and quickly. I would document your reason for leaving, complete with the love notes, and write your regional sailing association and the Board of the club. Here in the US, that sort of letter does get read and taken seriously. Don't treat it as a parting shot, but think of it as building the case for the next guy who might be treated in an even more harsh manner or in the case real damage or injury is done. Good luck at your next venue, and here's hoping you find a fresh barrel of apples.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.