ps... anyone talk to the Hobie 20 guy... maybe his expectations were met... maybe not. but chances are... he is not back next year.

Depending on what the regions sailors want.. that is either a good thing or a bad thing.

I did talk with them and they are a really nice couple of guys that came down from the Bay area to sail. They knew that we did not have many 20s in the area and fully expected to sail in the Portsmouth fleet.

They knew that I sailed 20s for many years and asked me questions about tuning and rigging to help their cause, as they go back North to sail against other 20s. I was happy to help and we talked for close to an hour. They would have benefited if the Tornado was sailing with them so they could gauge their speed difference from day to day as they made some slight changes to the boat. I asked if they could tell any difference on Sunday and they thought they could but could not confirm it.

My feeling is they were more pleased about coming than not. I would expect (only my view, not from them) that to get them to participate next year would involve calling friends to make sure they had a class or at least some interesting Portsmouth boats.

It was a good regatta and really nice to have 12 Formula 18s on the line. I did not witness or hear about anyone not giving ROW on our fleet. I suspect that some may have asked Mike not to hurt their position if he could avoid it. I know and witnessed that Mike was very considerate on Sunday.

Dan