Originally Posted by macca
Originally Posted by Timbo
Originally Posted by macca
Originally Posted by Timbo
It's still about who is driving, as it should be, not about what boat they happen to be on today.

You could put the top 3 at the GC today on any of the F16's and they would still be the top 3 to finish.

People get way too hung up on the weight and think they can buy speed. You still have to sail it well if you want to win and a couple kilos is not going to have any effect on that.

Tim,

You might like to ask the top 3 if they think the extra 20kg on the Vipers makes the boat any less exciting...

You should also ask those top 3 if they think the racing would be any better if the boats were all 107kg?

Macca, all I need to ask them is if they want the minimum wt. raised and I'm pretty sure they will say, "Why?". Until I hear a good reason, I'm not inclined to vote in favor of it. When did you join the class anyway?

If you are a member, you can vote yes, after you write up a resolution and present it. And then all the lighter Taipan guys will be pissed.

Tim, Ask the top 3 boats at the GC and I think you will be suprised at their answer...

You need more than 3 votres to change the class rules.

As Rolf states above; we have a clearly defined route to changing the class rules.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here