Originally Posted by macca
Simon,

When your Carbon F16 weighs in at 80kg then I will start to give you some cred..

remember, you have carbon hulls, beams, mast and foils on a 16ft boat so it should weigh around the same as an A class which is built with the same materials... and don't forget, I am giving you a 5kg allowance for the extra sails and you are even 2ft shorter in hull length and more so in mast height..

Nope; I have SOME carbon in my hulls. I do not need to have a boat down to 80kg, YOU state it's possible.

There is no need, we just continue to build down to 104 / 107. This is being done. There is no need to build down to 80.

If you wish to propose the min weight is changed, join the class when you own a recognised F16 and propose it. That is the only way to change the class rules.

So, to summarise, you state it should be possible to build a F16 to 80 kg; The current class rules state 104 / 107kg. You have been told a number of times how to propose a rule change.

I do not see there is a need for more discussion. Just get a recognised F16; join the AUS assoication, propose the rule change it can then be voted on.

Discussion over as far as I am concerned.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here