Originally Posted by HJS
Wow…. I am amazed at how a simple thread can turn into such a fiasco.

In response to Wouter… I think you need to give the Viper some credit… After all, there were 2 people on all of these boats! I thought I would just add a few notes to get things back into perspective.

Robbie Daniels former international Tornado campaigner and professional sailor/sail coach/trainer – Who was sailing with 14 year old Taylor….. He did a great job, but doesn’t have an international standing…. YET!

John Casey Professional catamaran sailor, Twice alter Cup champion when sailing F16's – Who paired up with Dalton especially for the regatta – Not sure whether they had ever sailed together before.

Greg Goodall International A-cat and F18 campaigner/sailmaker; professional boatbuilder/sailmaker – Who met his Crew, Kelly just before the regatta. Kelly is normally the SKIPPER.

Brett Goodall Australian F16 champion 2009 and born and raised into established sailor/builder family – Is a damned good crew, but has not had a huge amount of time at the helm. He met his crew, Matt, 2 days before the regatta…. And just for the record, he is NOT the current Australian F16 champion.

Also – I must admit, the Wind Gods did make it easier on the Viper as it does love the wind.

Oh… And for the “heavy weight” argument – I see that 12th Place went to Chris Prentice and Dan Krueger… I think these guys would be 400+ Ibs (180+ Kgs)!!

I am Amazed that a 2 year old from Victoria, Australia has such good inside knowledge of an event that took place on the other side of the world!!

Kids these days!!