Its good fun this thread, the forum has been a litle boring of late so lets keep it going.

You guys talk of what an all carbon boat weights, Bitsa for those who followed that thread is probably getting close to being as light as you really want in construction and is pretty much all carbon apart from the ali beams ( sorry I think Ali is just as good as carbon in the way it is used in that application) plus I have saved quite a few kilos on the snuffer arrangement. I would suspect though that its long term durability will be less than say a Viper, thats the nub of building very light.

As yet I haven't weighed it all up but compared to my "lightened " Stealth which was spot on the class weight it is appreciably lighter to wheel about. One thing for sure I will have to be putting lead on to make class weight when I put the F16 sail and mast on.

Sorry guys but the class weight is easily attainable with glass and good design. However I do think that the Viper is certainly a " fat bottomed " lass and the hull size is easily the biggest in the class causing some of its excess weight. But it goes well with two up and simply confirms my suspicions that for good all round two up sailing, hull volumes need to go up a bit from where we are now. So what if that then makes that design a little Porky, it will still win races and will still be a very marketiable boat