Originally Posted by mummp
Originally Posted by andrewscott

in MOST cases people can get off things like blood pressure meds, thyroid meds, diabetic drugs, . . .

Really? What am I going to replace my Levothyroxine with, Andrew?

I am not a practitioner but i know that thyroid is the hottest topic in our clinic next to weight-loss and by far the most attended lecture that we offer (we had a full house last week).

i would be speaking out my butt if i suggested i had knew all that much about it (thyroid) personally, but i do know its a top problem with our clients (many dont have a clue what it is), and we have lots of success in correcting it and getting people off their drugs (that is a top priority of our practice)

People who have been on their thyroid meds for 30 years are coming off them after getting their thyroids corrected at our clinic. IF you seriously want more info PM and i will give you the number of our clinic and you can talk with our patient coordinator and she can tell you what tests are done, and what the "typical" treatment is and you can find your own local alt med practitioner to work with, or the next time you are in town i will see if capt morgan will help

some of our newsletters suggest:
Artery inflammation and heart disease are greatly increased (300%) by high homocysteine- an amino acid found in the blood. If your level is above 9 it can be lowered by taking extra amounts of B6, Folic acid and B12. If you haven’t had your homocyteine checked by your doctor, he can order the test. While he’s at it, also check your thyroid status. If your TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormone) is above 1.5, and you have cold feet and hands, thinning hair, slowed bowels, loss of eyebrows at the outer edges, dry skin, you are probably hypothyroid as well- which also causes high blood lipids.

and

Selenium is also required for the conversion of the thyroid hormone T4 to T3 (the active form). If this conversion does not take place the body will show symptoms of hypothyroidism such as constipation, dry skin, mental slowness, lack of energy, hair loss, and fluid accumulation.

http://www.optimumhealthreport.com/articles/hypothyroid.asp

here is an article about how selenium deficiencies affect the thyroid
http://www.optimumhealthreport.com/articles/selenium-important-mineral.asp

Last edited by andrewscott; 06/15/10 07:25 AM.