Dave you make some excellent points about volunteers.

The A class had some public grumbling about how the Yanks blew off the Aussi Worlds... I have no idea if the International class echoed this complaint to the US class. The US Class did organize a container to the upcoming worlds in No Europe this time.

Your point about volunteers is well made. The way I see it is that many volunteers are running a huge event like a F18 worlds... So, it is demoralizing that all of the effort to pull off a successful event is ignored by important chunks of the class. You want the message delivered... Hey... we are all in this boat/class together... we busted our butts... and we support your event. So...what about you?

Now... how do you take the sentiment of the class volunteers and turn that in a message directed at the no shows... I choose to call it a reminder of your responsibility. You could also call it a big stick.

I have often wondered if a national class should include a container charge so that the national class could subsidize racers going to worlds. Now the cost may still be too high for the individuals and you don't fill the container or send it. BUT...it is very clear you are supporting the Intl Class agenda with some $$$.

crac.sailregattas.com