great reference, thanks

Mike, Anyone,

Why would you ask the RO (PRO?) to file the protest and not throw it back to the class member who raised the issue/inquiry and let him choose to file the protest?

Is this the proper role of the PRO to file the protest at the behest of the Class Pres?
Could the PRO have told the Class President to pound sand?
Should the PRO have told the Class President to pound sand?

Would a protest from a competitor in the regatta been judged differently then a protest coming from the RO (PRO)/ Class Pres?

The IJ judging the sailors being not guilty, and taking no penalty accordingly as it would have invalid all the RC work of the whole week as mentioned in their arguments.

Do you have any idea what they meant?
Is this basically saying, This is a stupid rule with a stupid violation and we are not tossing anyone on the last day of the worlds. (Ha... the sailing equivalent of jury nullification.)

It sure sounds like the fact that the late hour of the protest was an important factor in tossing the protest. If this issue is bubbling along since 2009!!!! you have to wonder why the crisis hits on the last day of the worlds!

Inquiring minds would ask to see some class document xxx is denied addition to the list because yyy. If the class stands by saying nothing and so xx material just does not appear on the list ... well that is really smelly. How many other material requests were sat on? Who's request were acted on?

Mike, I think the procedure I would have chosen would have been to toss this back to the sailor and let him judge for himself whether to proceed with the protest. The class could then deal with the issue after the regatta. why the rush... it's only taken em since 2009. I can see why the jury went the way it did.

What a mess! Since 2009 ?????

crac.sailregattas.com