Actually, there is no provision in the class rules to use any other cloth that that specified in the sail cloth list. The wording in the cloth list is:- "Spinnaker Reinforcements: Any sail cloth on the spinnaker list" So feel free to take something from the list, but nothing else. Tabling is allowed at the sail edge, not as a corner patch (primary reinforcement) From what I have been informed there are a number of sails that have non listed cloth used in that application.

Maybe the intent of the rule is to allow the patching, but unfortunately the intent of the rule is worth nothing. It must state what is allowed and what is not.

Sure SI knew they were using a cloth that was not on the list, but if following the rules to the letter are what we all want enforced then there are many more areas that are of concern yet they go untouched.. And i'm not just referring to the patching on kites or dyneema trap lines.

Again, my main issue is with the way it was dealt with, and the motivation behind it.