No dog... Two principals.. Fair play and transparency.

I just think that screwing some sailors and a loft that had the look of making a successful sail is a power play by the big $$$ players in the class. This issue is just a pretense to maintain their bit of market share. If your sock puppets make enough noise about the terrible violation committed by this small loft. (reinforcing tape) The effect will be to herd people to the big and safe sailmakers.

Look at Rich.... He had to go OCD on his sailmaker because of this.... Others won't.... they will go to performance or Hobie or whatever is a safe pick.. So, you speak out for Fair play when the power structure is throwing their weight around! I believe that having a LOCAL SAILMAKER is essential for growing and maintaining a development fleet. Their job is to service and educate us mortal sailors... Tilting the playing field unfairly is simply not good for the sport.

Transparency. The class is attempting to "handle" the issue. Why not release a factual report and solve the issue for other class members with a letter to each owner requesting re-measurement or what ever the fix would be.

I choose to believe that the overwhelming number of sailors are trying to play the game fairly... This one just smelled funny from the onset.

crac.sailregattas.com