Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
the tracker worked really well -

I honestly did not know there was a tracker!

There is/was no story line unless the class creates one.... F18's are not my class... I haven't seen one on the race course in my area in 5 years.. But, ... I will happily waste my time reading and cheering ... If you give me something... Otherwise.. it is just mothers and wives paying attention... er... maybe it is just mothers...

This thread had only one thing of interest (to me)... How should a class promote or sanction Countries for worlds. Should a class do this..

Contrast the F18's with the A class....
The A class world thread is preoccupied with Glen Asby... Will he or won't he defend?.. Will the AC stuff muck up his schedule... what other rock stars from the usual cast will try to beat him... will he have enough time on the boat to get back to the top... is he that far ahead of people? Next... it will be ... what platform..... Curved or strait foils.. What mast.... How impt is the equipment versus the sailing skill. From the US perspective... will Guck and Struble be able to play on the world stage after missing a couple of years of racing contact with the euros and the aussis... or did we get shot out the back.... How do us rank an file sailors stack up against the guys who do show at worlds when we see them on a race course in our neck of the woods.

Is any of this important... hell no! Is there any money or national glory to be won... Hell no! But... cat sailor fans will pay a bit of attention to the story and A class sailors a good deal more attention because the individuals I mentioned have history and cred in the cat world that we find interesting.

We only know of these stories because the threads have been developing for years and years...

I read your post twice and honestly dont have a clue what you are on about! crazy confused
Anyway, had you paid more attention you would have noticed a huge story going on, I will give you a clue: sailcloth.