Originally Posted by Kris Hathaway
Congratulations to Nacra! I am eager to see what their design and marketing team brings to the class.

......Frankly, the F16 rig is very powerful and weight is proving not to be a significant handicap with the newer hull designs, especially amoung the club racing crowd.

The last frame is really an interesting phrase, that's something where the rating commitees should look at.

The 1 up to 2 up in the same fleet seems to be not equal when you look at the event results but the comparison is also not apples with apples. If you put one of the world best beach cat sailor on a 2 up boat they are hardly to beat ( what ever model or type he sails), they can even win on a wooden pallet with flag on it. It would be more interesting to see if you put a top gun on a 1 up and then starts joining the fleet, this would give a much better idea on things and a foundation for the next conversation . You need to have the same level of sailors on the 2 configurations and see what is happening , what also takes into account is the wind strength a 2 up will always be quicker in high winds because of boat handling but in the mid range winds i would like to see how this will be between the two set up,s. This has never happend before.

But also it needs to say that the F16 class must be happy with a new F16 design because it is good for the class and what i personally think is that ( as mentioned in previous comments) the F16 sailors does need to understand that the members are determing what to do with the class, they are the only one who can give direction to it, not the builders, not the Council and i think that a lot of paid up members are not really realizing this.

Hans

Last edited by Hans_Ned_111; 09/15/11 02:35 AM. Reason: add a line