Hi Alec
I had found myself getting burned out on the sailing scene, but the feeling of flying a hull with the spin up single handed on the F16, is the kick in the pants I needed to keep coming out and playing.

Keeping your sailing fresh is certainly important! I also had a ball sailing the Bim F16 against the Nacra F17's...not to mention Jim Boyer's Taipan 4.9 in Michigan. (never tried the super sloop mode... that's a lot of sail area!)

I appreciate that YOU think you are playing the same game... the question is... do the two double handers think that they are racing you..... or are they really just interested in racing each other?. (As you noted... you go deeper down wind..) The score sheets suggest that the double handed configuration is faster. Now, Level racing (or handicap racing) is a fine game... but it's different.

In the end... this will be decided by the EU sailors. Do they race in the 104 class?, How many single handed sailors go racing?.... Do the Vipers and Nacras even choose to race in the F16 class.

Consider that you have 9 1 up F16s at NA's... (and 11 two up teams...) While the regatta at Carnac had approx 70 boats racing 16 spinnaker open handicap class. If your rules don't match what those sailors want to be doing... they will be irrelevant world wide.

Will you be doing Oxford with Keith?

crac.sailregattas.com