Originally Posted by Aido
Originally Posted by Smiths_Cat
Originally Posted by Cab
When compared to current F16 designs, it looks like nacra went with significantly more curve in the rocker from the front beam up to the bow and less freeboard in the bow. Anybody know the design theory behind this?

I relized as well. That amount of rocker was popular some time ago. Why was it dropped? Does the deck has a chine between bow and cross beam?

Not sure what older boats your referring to smiths? Tiger?

While the boat looks very much like the little brother of the infusion and the f20, the rocker sort of reminds me of the new Cirrus. Appears to have a bit of a reverse in the stern???

Didn't see yet the new Cirrus. I had some older Bimare and the Eagle F18HT in mind. Guess you need the reverse in the stern to get the right outflow angle.
I think that the pronounced rocker means that volume was taken from the front and rear and shifted to the center. There are obviously two schools of thinking: One says put volume in the bow to avoid diving and another who takes volume out from the bow (and stern to rebalance). Don't know which one is better or if there is one better (assuming both sailed correctly).

Cheers,

Klaus