Originally Posted by Undecided
Originally Posted by catman

No, We are Stupid. It represents us.....right?

I don't think you can claim that it represents us anymore. In any case, I don't see the shutdown as a bad thing. For 95% of the population, nobody is going to notice a damn thing. Maybe it will get people to realize just how bloated and inefficent the whole boondoggle is.

Here's something ripe. Want to go fishing during the shutdown? Sorry - the feds have close the Florida Bay. Yes. All of it.

Give me a ****ing break - the gal of the feds to think that they're so ****ing important to society that they have to close the Bay down to commercial traffic lest all hell break loose.... in reality thats not it... this is just more of the same "make it artificially hurt so that people put pressure on the opposition to cave on their constituents."

Charter guides received a message from the National Park Service this week informing them that they are not permitted to take clients fishing in Florida Bay until the feds get back to work. That means that more than 1,100 square miles of prime fishing is off limits between the southern tip of the mainland to the Keys until further notice.

The closing affects not only fishing guides, but anyone with a license to conduct business in the park, including tour operators and paddling guides — anyone with a Commercial Use Authorization permit, said Dan Kimball, superintendent of Everglades and Dry Tortugas national parks.

Biscayne National Park is also off limits. Enforcement rangers will be on duty, Kimball said.

+1
They also closed the Oregon Inlet fishing center as well as all the beaches in the "park", here on the Outer Banks. the fishing center is leased by the captains, because of that it would seem ripe for a broken lease lawsuit. Of course that would be fought with our money, but maybe it would prevent some power hungry, control freak, douchebag from pulling this crap again. And don't kid yourself that the orders for all this stuff aren't coming from the Whitehouse, they are.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White