Pete,

I buy my plan through my employer who has worldwide offices and who has 5000 employees. We're based in NC and we're insured through our company'd HQ there. Florida has *nothing* to do with my healthcare. Everyone in NA is paying the same thing.

But, welcome to my world. For several years I had to buy my inusrance on the open market, it wasn't available through work. I was okay with a high deductible low premium until BCBS stopped offering that plan. It worked out though, soon after I was diagnosed with diabetes so no one would insure me at any price.

I'd had type 1 since I was 4. After I graduated from college and after I lost my student healthcare insurance plan (which was $40/month) I had to go on COBRA which was $500 a month which, from what I'm reading, is an absolute steal compared to the prices that people have been getting.

As for the schadenfreude that you seem to be enjoying watching your fellow countrymen suffer with the ills you've experienced in the past....

The day of reckoning will come - and it will NOT be pleasant for your side of the aisle.

Now if you excuse me, I have an internet to go make fun of for calling this a "shutdown" with 83% of the government is still running. LOL - what a "shutdown".