You all do realise that now that the ISAF has dropped ALL/ANY multi hull from the Olympics, they (the ISAF) have at one stroke of the pen, removed every disincentive to ANY/ALL multihull class(s) from organising and calling their event “NATIONALS” and “WORLDS”?
The threat from the ISAF that any sailer who competed in a class event that called there events “”world titles/championships” without the approval of the ISAF could/would be ”blacklisted” and unable to compete in future ISAF sanctioned events (primarily the Olympics) does not carry any weight now? So what if you compete in a non sanctioned “world catamaran championship” event now? What will the ISAF do? Ban you from sailing in the Olympics on a Laser when you sail nothing but cats? BIG DEAL. I say stuff the ISAF; I like the idea of the ICAF (or anything similar that is totally independent of the ISAF).
Personally I feel that, indirectly they have done us (cat sailers) a big favour! They have now come out of the closet (so to speak) concerning their (mono mentality) dislike of multihulls, and actually, “put in writing” just how they do think of multihulls – they want our revenue, they want to control us, but they don’t want us to be seen or heard – It’s taken THEM over forty years to actually come out and say just how they feel about us, and now there can be no doubt as to just how much they DON”T like multihulls.
Well stuff them! We now have the opportunity to “do our own thing” so lets not let this golden opportunity slip through OUR fingers – lets be pro active, not reactive – WE WILL SURVIVE, in spite of any and all anti multihull sentiments