Maybe at this point I should clarify that I don't mean to cut all links to US sailing in favour of forming a seperate organisation.

I think the best approach is too do both. Keeping guys like John working from the inside while seriously forming an alternative organisation. Actually, forming a rival organisation will in the end empower guys like John more. Initially he may take alot of heat from the guys higher up, but eventually it will make him more powerful as he will be their only tool to limit the fall-out and if he is smart he will use that leverage to negociate more benefits out of US sailing.

Of course that new independent organisation will need to be maintained or otherwise the whigs will just forget about the deals made as soon as they have succesfully killed the forming of their rival.

That is the way it works in politics guys. It is neither good or evil, but simply the ways things are.

So it is always a two path approach where the one reinforces the other. Currently we have no other and the results are showing that.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands