The US multihull world is too split to stand on its own.

Let's say you own a Nacra. Who's your friend: The local Yacht Club that lets you sail in their regattas, or the local Hobie Fleet that won't?

There's more US YC's that welcome Nacras than Hobie Fleets that won't.

This is the type of problem that could possibly be reduced by an international multihull federation association and its multihull country federation.

There's something I would like to add to my "the split won't work" post:

While fighting within ISAF is the best (only) alternative on the short term, taking the oportunity to start multihull federations, etc. is an inteligent move.

- It puts more pressure on the short term issue (2012 equipment).
- It creates an alternative path for the future, in case ISAF keeps mutihulls out.
- It can be reverted very easily by making it part of ISAF organization, if and when desired.

In other words, although I don't believe a split with ISAF will put a multihull in the games (in the short and medium term), I support the creation of the association due to the implications.

It will probably work like spliting from a party to make a more radical one. Some of the proposals from the original party will start to look more acceptable in comparison with those of the new radical party.

If multi-hull sailing was to split from the ISAF, which racing rules would we use ?

I'm sure the ISAF won't be too happy about "us" using theirs, how about those that HAVE to work with the ISAF?

What about some of us who sail other classes?

What about those that WORK for the ISAF (And I do not mean me with SCHRS)

Froming a world-wide multi-hull association to lobby the ISAF on appropiate issues - yes, a good idea.

Split from the ISAF, not a good idea and such discussions make us look stupid. It is a non-starter.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here