The ISAF Olympic decision is a problem because it removes the structure for THE elite level of catamaran sailing (Tornado Olympic Sailing). Every other organizational aspect of sailing is the same today as yesterday. Same volunteers, same initiatives being worked on etc etc. So, a deep breath is needed... because the job is ONLY to replace the elite level of catamaran racing.

Certainly, F18's, A class, and Hobie 16 class world events are important but a quick look at the standings lets you know how important having that ELITE level of competition operating above these three excellent catamaran classes actually is. The elite sailors drive our particular favorite class's level of competition. Those are the names that we recognize and relish the opportunity to measure ourselves against.! What other sport gets you on the field with the best of the world!

It seems to me, that we should take this opportunity to create a NEW Structure for THE ELITE level of the sport of catamaran racing... We should not want to elevate the F18 to replace the Tornado because the slow thinkers of ISAF would have no more skill at running this level then they have with the T class.

Trashing the existing organizations is shortsighted. Our efforts should be directed to creating a new structure for the elite level of catamaran racing. Previously, these efforts were limited because the ISAF Olympic level trumped every initiative. ISAF gave up on one of their ONLY visually exciting assets. We need to take this opportunity, develop a consensus world wide and go for it!

I know the US sailors will scream... but consider Mike Worrel and the Worrell 1000 race... I would bet that more US sailors knew about that race then could tell you about the Olympic team and how they did every four years. (Of course the caution is to make sure that we build a legitimate organization to make this elite level happen with integrity and excellence as it’s benchmarks.

Totally agree here. Well said.

Jake Kohl