Obviously, this is an emotional topic for all of us here. However, lots of people have worked hard for lots of years to gain acceptance for cats in the bigger sailing world, and especially in recent years, I've seen progress even at the local levels, in terms of acceptance of cats at traditionally mono clubs.

Everyone has their opinion, but I personally don't see how abandoning all these years of effort to avenge this decision is going to help us in the big picture.

If anything, I think we need to do the opposite: get more involved and get ourselves into a position of power within USSA.

I can't say that I don't care about having a cat in the Olympics, because I do think that is ultimately very important, especially to establish a serious youth cat program.

However, I do feel strongly that we have bigger fish to fry. When I go to mono events and discuss the recent 60-provided boat Hobie 16 Worlds, that gets some attention. Sadly, everyone looks shocked that we exist at that level. This is the sort of thing that needs to be fixed. Going away is not going to help that.

Mike