I think having any F-class or any member of a current F-class in the games would be a bad idea. With all the resources olympians would put into making this boat or class faster, cost would skyrocket and probably kill off the class. This have been pointed out several times in this thread already. A strict one-design is the only choice possible, and if picked from an existing F-class it would very probably kill of that class. I abhor the idea of an F-16 in the games.
A female can sail a Tornado quite easily, she just need someone fit to run the sheets. I have even sailed a nationals on the T with my sister as crew pulling all strings. Going to the starting line was the first time she ever sailed anything. Was great fun and we did not do too bad. Just had to help her a bit with sheeting in the spi in marginal sub-trapeze conditions. The T is in my opinion a nice boat to sail mixed, the only thing we found bothersome was pulling the boat up the ramp after sailing.
Girls taking on the boys? What F-class have the right competitive weight range for that?

After digesting yesterdays "landmark" event, I think we should use this as an opportunity. I dont think we should go our own ways and ignore ISAF or even provoking "them" just to call an even a worlds. I think the only way to improve the situatiuon is to get involved in clubs, regions, national assocs. and finally ISAF. I know it's a bit different in the US, but looking at my own club and country I think this is the best way of improving the situation. If I really want to, I am pretty certain I can rise in the hierarchy quite fast as volunters are far between. Something to consider.