1740 Jurassic Karp cool

History:
Built by AJ Ginning from South Australia around ~1995 and originally named ...
"Pink Bits II " .....
AJ built a number of timber boats and at least 3 other mosquito's were constructed after 1740 by him.

Originally built for cat rigged only sailing a few minor changes were done during the construction such as hull doublers at the front beams being omitted, 3ply was also used instead of 4ply for the decks with the 3ply having a 50gsm glass coat on the under side of the deck to aid with strength.

Subsequently the boat ended up 6kgs under-weight shocked

Jim Sage purchased the boat and rebuilt it to take a sloop rig setup. Kevlar was added to the inner hulls for ~600mm either side of the front beam to assist with the additional load of the sloop bridle.
Other areas were also strengthened to for the riggers of 2up sailing.
Jim's 'strengthening' added a few extra kilos bringing the boats weight to 56kgs when completed...... he also re-named the boat
Jurassic Karp
cool

Matt Kirby purchased it in ~2003 from the 3rd owner (unknown) and a 2nd rebuild was done in 2005 which included poorly done previous repairs being re-done, carpeted centreboard slots with aero foiled shaped hulls along with a hobie style trampoline & a complete re-paint with graffics added, the main change was the addition of a spinnaker setup
smirk

Matt competed in 3 national, 5 state, 2 F16 titles with Jurassic Karp.

Matt under spinnaker power @ WYC

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I purchased the boat from Matt a month ago..... why ????
Jurassic = old
Karp = pest
and that's me...... an old pest laugh

the story is about to start .....

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740