Didn't use a router for that.....

with hull on its side....

I used an offcut (approx. 12"x4"in size)of laminex I had laying around, it's ~1.5mm thick.
I laid it up against the hull and then ran the jigsaw down the deck.
The laminex is tough enough to stop the blade from hacking into the hull and it also provided a cutting depth that was easy to follow.... simply slid the laminex along as I cut with the jigsaw.
cool

Once the cut was done I ran the #4 Stanley plane along the cut until I just skimmed the original paint on the hull, then the sanding block came out to finish off the join.

sounds easy and it was to a certain extent, the jigsawing was the slowest part
shocked
I took my time with the jigsaw which is probably why it took longer than the plane work or sanding, I didn't want the blade to rip the deck to bits so steady as she goes capt'n was the order of the day

I also had the choice of 2 different blade types for the jigsaw, the traditional teeth points facing up blade and one I'd not seen before teeth facing down.......
I thought the downward facing teeth would be a better choice as they wouldn't tear at the actual deck surface, sadly all it did was to push the jigsaw back into my hand and start bouncing... blade swap to the traditional blade and away we went.

Only issues I had was the shroud mounts, with these I cut up as close as I could with the jigsaw from one direction and then cut up to it from the opposite side, I then used the 2 cuts as a guide for the tenon-saw..... there was ~50mm of deck to handsaw away at each shroud point.

the scary part of the day was the front hatch hole and centreboard cuts.....
Luckily I'd marked the hull and written down the measurements for their location, both holes were a little nerv racking as the pilot hole was drilled.... nailed it .. grin

The stupid bit.........
whilst I did spend a bit of time marking and writing down the details for the holes in the decks......
I have fully ignored the other fittings that were screwed to the decks
crazy
so now its a bit of guess work as to where they went, one cleat for the rudder system and one guide for the centre board system .....

[Linked Image]

I'll blame the rum .....
wink

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740