the soft deck..... mad

the worst area has ~8mm of defelection with most of the deck easily moving 3~4mm with slight pressure.

[Linked Image]

with the deck peeled off and the foam sub-frames cut out I then cut up some new ones.....
pic shows the old frames and you can clearly see the collapsed area.
The failing foam wasn't the only issue, two of the timber stringers had also failed, one had snapped and the other had seperated from the glue...... that explains the "rattle" I had when a gentle thump was applied to the deck
crazy

sub-frame #5 had compressed the most, as you can see its actully curved in the opposite direction to the deck shape

[Linked Image]

The new frames have been cut, given a light coat of resin for added strength, and had a final trim to fit perfectly.
I've also decided on a stringer support design that I'm happy with.
the "I"beam design is great, but the time restraint means many w/ends of toiling away in the shed, secondly, only one deck needs this repair so its pointless in distroying a good deck just for duplication reasons....
So I've come up with a very simple plate that will add support to the stringers, and tie the 2 hull sides together..... it can aslo easilly be slipped into place without major issues in the hull with the good deck.

Although the foam sub-frames are cut and ready to fit, half of them are being fitted with the support plates prior to the final fitting to the hull.

cool

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740