Originally Posted by thricebitten
Not much of a handy man these days myself, so haven't had much to say, but love watching other people work wink.

Probably a bit late now, but am wondering if the technique used for holding fibreglass sheathing in place before applying the resin on large jobs might help. It's held in place with staples gunned through packing strap, then you pull the packing strap up to pull out the staples, some need pulling with pliers still, but some come out clean. Thinking about it probably only works if staples are at the right angle to the packing strap. confused

That marvellous thing called 'hind sight', said I should have run hay-band under each staple, would have made the process much easier and quicker too
a 'zig-zag' pattern with the hay-band would have let me run the staples in a nice straight lines as I did

The removal process was slow to start off but once I had a method then the speed came shortly after, a razor sharp chisel and a pair of wire side cutters got the job done relatively quickly. The chisel was just good enough to pry one end of the staple up slightly and then the side cutters did the rest.... I did one main deck in half the time it took the first foredeck.

Laying the cloth was an easy process, pour the resin onto the ply, smear it around with my wheelie bin squeegee into an even layer, lay the cloth down and then work it into the resin coated ply with that magic squeegee

wink

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740