Originally Posted by Pirate
NB:
I didn't disturb the glass that was already in place on the damaged hull for the simple reason, it aint broke and where it is has been fixed from the inside. more on that later... wink

ok.....

I've had a couple message me asking when I was going to cut the damaged section away from the outer hull....

from the discussion I gather they would have cut a 2" wide band out from the area of the crack and resin in a new undamaged band, makes sense, NOT !!!
here's why.....
at the moment I have ONE crack, its been repaired from the inside (doubler plate and stiffner plate with cloth and resin where it wasn't placed before)
The outer hull has ONE crack ....... why compound the problem by doubling the number of "joins", at the moment I have ONE join and if I took to the hull and routered out a band of any width and then glue in a band then I've effectively added a new join to the number I have now.

My other argument with this is a simple one, tell me how much of the ply is damaged either side of the crack ?????
1mm .... 3mm ..... 8mm .... 12mm ????? 25mm eek
I don't know and I physically have it in front of me, therefore, how can I justify the width of a band that would be suitable to "cut in" confused

lets for example say 3mm either side of the crack has "damaged" the ply....
so I need a band that's 6mm wide..... really .... is that worth it

[insert shaking head smiley]

grin

the crack..... it was repaired ages ago.... now it just needs something like the missus does.... bit of make-up
wink

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740