the "snail trails" I was talking about, most of them have been sanded out with the exception of the one in the last pic..... its DEEP !!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The odd thing about these trails is that some of them were in the original plywood prior to painting whilst
others have since happened whilst Karp was white (with pink bits - from its original name) and some have been during its grey existence.

What I cant figure out is how they happened, rocks or other "beach" objects would leave a far more jagged scratch, these are almost perfectly formed as if done by a smoothed object ..... even a close inspection of the trailer shows nothing that one can point a finger at, the other oddity is they are from the very bottom of the hulls and are also right up near the decks...... yet not one was seen on the decks prior to removal..... they also aren't limited to any particular part over the length of the hulls from the bow to the transom and on both the inner and outer part of each hull

confused

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ouch !!!! cry

[Linked Image]
this one I'll have to fill, its been sanded to the point where I'm starting to cut through the ply on either side of the trail (just out of shot), so one more job for the micro-balloon filler.
All up I think I'll add a soup-spoon of filler to each hull to smoooooooth out all of the remaining blemishes, and at the moment being under weight, that's a good thing
smile

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740