The next few posts may or may not make much sense so please bear with me as I stumble through this.....
blush

While I was setting the centreboards in the slots I figured they "should be" dead square with the beams.... so I set a stringline off of the bow, laid my long level into the front beam slot and used a large square to check it all against.
cool

makes sense doesn't it wink

The 2 young boys are racing around the shed and generally annoying me to no end, anger management was being stretched to the max needless to say
mad
So I eventually tell em to stop it and either get to the house or help dad, silence at last as they go about "duplicating" what I'm doing at the bow.....
#3 son sets up a bit of hay-band over the transom and #4 gets the other level and lays it in the rear beam block, both then stand there looking like they are lining up things and stroking their not yet sprouted invisible beards
grin

As I walk back past the bow one tiny little thing catches my eye instantly...... its an that can NOT be right moment
eek

The two levels laying in the stb hull beam slots are NOWHERE near parallel ...... they aren't even close
eek eek
A quick check on the rear beam just to make sure there isn't a bit of hay-band under one end of the level or some other thing thats giving such a big twist

After much checking and re-checking I found that the stb hull was laying out.....35mm from square
eek
The port hull was laying IN.... 13mm from square

so the last ~2weeks have been spent re-setting the beam blocks and now both hulls are not only square but perpendicular with each other

grin

Part of the setup stages I went through.. the centreboard is aligned with the stringline and the beam slot is level smile
[Linked Image]

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740