The rear decks are done.... pics to follow wink

but I noticed something wasn't quite right with the fore decks, so after a bit of investigation......

[Linked Image]
the deck had dropped down considerably, ~5mm drop between the front beam mount and the forward shroud mounting plate.

Around 30% of the stringer/sub-foam connections had let go so the stringers were basically "floating" other than the connection to the deck.

[Linked Image]

So I went for a similar plate to do the load bearing for the stringers and to take that load into the sub-foams, the stringers that hadn't let go were cut with a hacksaw blade cut at ~45degrees as seen.
I cut some junky old 12mm ply strips up into the shape of the deck and then zip-tied the stringers to the strips so that they were held in the correct place while the glue set on the new support plates.
Once the glue on the plates has set I'll run a strip of 50mm wide 100gsm cloth across the visible face and onto the hulls so it ties it all together
wink

I only fitted 3 small stringer supports to each hull as the support at either end is good so it just needed a bit of help in the middle......

[Linked Image]

Today I'll build up the compressed foam and reshape it to the correct deck profile instead of the banana shape I had, and maybe tomorrow if the family decided that the world isn't about to end....... I might get the foredecks on

[Linked Image]

must be doing something right.... 1103 views and no-one has told me I'm doing it all wrong

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740