in this shot you'll notice a couple of major changes.....

1/
the fore decks have been removed shocked

2/
the port hull's centreboard case stiffener has been removed shocked

[Linked Image]

Item 2....
I wasn't happy with the height of the centreboard case stiffener, it had put a bulge in the deck and subsequently fine cracks had appeared at both the front and rear of the actual case slot.
My deck shape template showed that the case was sitting about 6mm too high, obviously this placed a major strain on the deck in that area.

Item 1
I had a "rattle" in the hull and no matter what I did I couldn't shake what ever it was free nor could I get it to move down enough to be able to physically remove it ....
the deck simply had to come off

and the culprit was......

[Linked Image]

any wonder I couldn't shake it out crazy

the 3rd reason I removed the foredecks was for the front shroud mounts, both of these had movement, granted it wasn't a huge amount but they should be solid, the starboard hull mount was slightly worse with a distinct click each time it was nudged, The actual fixing is good but the bolts had simply come loose.
They also have a small washer on the nut side and this really isn't big enough to spread the load evenly through the timber sub-frame. A larger plate will replace 2 of the washers and the 3rd bolt will have to do as it is, its simply in-accessible.

foot note:
The front stay mounts have 3 holes for mounting, Being in the fabrication/engineering game I hate this type of connection, odd numbered connections simply don't work as well as even numbered connections, reason being one of the bolts will ALWAYS act as a hinge or lever point on the other bolts....

just sayin
wink

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740