What about KARP you ask......
Well I'm still working away on the hull finish, but being so damn fussy meant I wasn't about to get on the water before January or Febuary at best, so as its turned out I should have 1182 ready in a week or so all going to plan on what I've found thus far, and yes there's still one or two more uglies to fix but more on those as I get to them.

1182 also offers me a cheap platform to try things out, the TredGrip I spoke about in the "non-skid: gunwale" thread
http://www.catsailor.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=265005#Post265005
will be one of the first things I trial, if it works to the level I want then it will make KARP's gunwales, I have a few other things to tryout so with this boat I get the chance to play without burning the "good boat" so to speak

As to 1182's future ???
A new name was the first thing, Mistral is GONE so please welcome "TWICE SHY" to the fold smile
mozzie related and combined with the old saying....
Once bitten TWICE SHY and then theres the 2nd mozzie thing.

The name just fitted so well wink

Its future.....
[yoda voice on]
darkness I see but with a light afar
[yoda voice off]

For now Twice Shy will be patched up and put on the water ASAP, once I have KARP finished then I'll most likely re-deck Twice Shy and take it from there.
There's always someone that wants a mozzie and whether its my sons or she finds a new home or becomes the first mozzie to foil.... couldn't resist that one wink
At this stage she's moved away from the rubbish heap and I'm sure both I and my kids will enjoy her to the max, and undoutably someone one day will want her for their own aswell

watch this space..... more to come
wink

Kingy

edit:
23 views already...... shocked
get to bed ya silly buggers
wink

Last edited by PIRATE; 10/30/13 07:25 AM.

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740