She's still floating..... and we're still on the water as much as often as we can. But its not been without issues, we've broken several things and most have been largely due to the weathering of various components, some I did think were a little average but "serviceable" ..... and I was caught out

blush

The list:

1/ Endless jib sheet block
plastic covered block snapped clean in half, what got me was the other one had the visible crack and that was the one I though would go....

2/ Mast top pulley
bit of a no-no when the main sail suddenly falls to the deck
shocked

3/ Mainsail
nearly tore the out-haul shackle point out of the clew due to the corroded brass eyelet failing

4/ Mainsail
head, again another about to tear out shackle point and again that corroded brass eyelet is the culprit

5/ Boom-vang
Snapped rope, it was suspect anyway and I knew it was well past its use-by date

6/ Port foot strap
stitching let go, this I didn't expect nor was the almost swimming result, thankfully the tiller arm is strong
wink

7/ Trampoline
torn leading edge and several small areas of stitching along the sides started to fail, and then rapidly those areas grew !
$40 to re-stitch the entire tramp and fit a new leading edge = BARGIN
laugh

The weathered stitching has been the one that caught me out the most, the other minor problems like the mast filling with water by a combination of corrosion around the rivets and open rivets, most of these have been fixed asap once I'm aware of them......

The shackle points on the main sail were really a failure of the pressed in brass eyelets, these have corroded significantly and put all the load onto the plastic load plate.... we simply cut some thin stainless to the same shape as the original plastic load plate and glued/riveted it back in place, works a treat.

Jurassic Karp's beach rollers have been repaired and are now rolling us around with ease, I even found an easy way to hang them on the trailer
smile
I machined up new plastic bushes that eliminated the need for a sand seal and they also tightened up the play that existed in the old bushes.
The arms that the boat actually sits on were also modified with some alloy sheet and flat refrigeration foam.

The only thing I think I need asap is that sailbox.... I've ordered the material and am still waiting.... xmas break is over guys, come on and get my order happening !!!!

smile

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740