did a lot of fiddling today,

cleaned all of the excess resin from initial build and subsequent repairs over the years away,

lay a thin coat of resin over all the foams, this helps in 2 ways EG:
one-> it stops the foam degradation from salt water,
two-> it stiffens the outer 'shell' of the foam making it stronger

altered the chain-plate's internal mounts as per the pic...
laid a 120gsm mat over the ply doubler and glassed it in place then added the stainless elongated washer while the resin was still free, this will force the resin into the compressed area around the original hole where the washers used to be.
The plate is also glassed is so I don't have to fumble around when its time to re-install the chain-plates.

[Linked Image]

I also added a strip of mat across the ply stringer supports, I believe this will do a couple of things.....

one-> substantially increase the loading strength of the plate and give a larger area of 'grip' between the ply and foam.

two-> because I've also turned the end of the tape onto the hull by ~50mm this should tie the 2 sides of the hull together and again spreads the load on the stringer support plates out into the actual hulls thus taking some of the load away from the foams.
In hind sight I think maybe the tape could have been better placed if it had of been sandwiched between the plate and the foam..... just thinking out-loud there...
wink

next job....
glue in the stringers
smile

The resin I'm using is a slow set resin, the skin gels in around 3 hours, it takes 4~5 days to fully cure.... so the stringers need to go in by Tuesday night if I'm to fit the new decks on the coming weekend
smile
[Linked Image]

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740