The plan is to rip all your decks off and replace them the same as I've done to Shy's.
The mains will be last to be done because we have a nasty gash to attend to before they can be put back on.

If the weight is anything like Shy's massive decks then I'd expect that the new decks will be less than half the weight of the originals but have the same strength.

So far with Shy ....
the rears I fitted came out at same weight as the originals but their now much stronger, I could almost stand on the rears now but you couldn't lean on them beforehand
shocked

the fore decks came out 1/4 lighter than original and probably twice as strong, remember I had to replace them before the Easter regatta after a wayward elbow ripped it open, now I'd be happy to stand on them !!

The mains......
If I've weighed it all correctly then its so close to exactly HALF the weight of the originals it isn't funny.
Karp's mains are the same as I'm doing to Shy's and although I did have a minimal weight improvement with Karp it was minor because she already had the thin deck material, it was all the underneath stuff that had failed and caused the mains to go soft.

This was solely due to the stringers being set directly into the foam and the foam NOT having a layer of resin over it, the salt water broke-down the foam and ultimately once the foam failed the stringers had no support at all..... hence the plywood plates I glue to the tops of the foams.

I looked very seriously at 'I' beams and strength wise they are superior, BUT they are extreamly time consuming to make let alone fit, that's why I came up with the ply plate to foam solution, its quick, simple, easy to make and fit and uses the foam as support as much as it supports the foam.

win win ....... & win situation as far as I'm concerned.

The weight of the plates and stringers and thin deck ply is unbelievably light compared to the original stuff

smile

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740