I had a ~2metre length of the 40x40 tube I'd used left over and as I went to put it away I wasn't watching what I was doing I did the stupid thing
1 stabbed rear deck tearing out a great chunk of the ply instantly, as I jerked it away I plunged it into the other rear deck which split right down the guts.
mad mad mad mad

after several minutes of expletives......

came several more minutes of colorfull mutterings

Tired / not focused / looking forward to the roast dinner I could smell all contributed but I have no-one to blame for this error except myself.

So with a full belly of yummy roasted beef I headed back to the shed to butts the damage, 10 mins later the rear decks were no more and I'd cut in some stringer slots in much the same manor I did Jurassic Karps rear decks

[Linked Image]

the 2 small stringers will give better support to the rear decks and offer the same to the inspection ports.
I've left ~3mm of clearance between the inspection port and the stringers, I had zero clearance on Jurassic Karp so lining up where the hole was to be cut had to be super accurate, didn't make that mistake again wink

[Linked Image]

As of last night the stringers have been glassed in and sanded back ready for some new ply decking.

I wasn't going to touch any of the decks until the off season and at this stage that's still the plan.
The front and main's will get a quick coat of paint just to seal them up, with new rear decks I wont be painting these bits as I want to have the entire deck area in varnish, so for the short term I'll have colored fore and main decks and varnished rear decks....

on the plus side......
Atleast I wont have to replace the rears come winter

smile

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740