When I first noticed the case lengths compared to the board widths I tried to fit the actual boards and ran smack into trouble.....
The boards wouldn't even start to go in to the case, the thickness of the board was way past the width of the case and now that I'd cut the boards length back and the packer fitted to the case it was time to find where the interference was coming from..... hope it's just a wayward dribble of resin or something simple...

I wasn't that lucky mad

The cuts were first up and the bottom of the boards are now re-shaped ....... took me all of half an hour to get them into the desired shape.
Now the case slot, a visual inspection showed virtually no resin dribbles but I gave it a light sand regardless, which made no difference at all
mad

My attention turned to the boards themselves, and it wasn't until I noticed some flaking varnish at the top that I realised what had been done to stop the fit......
A layer of varnish has been sprayed onto the boards and that layer was THICK..... ~1.5mm thick in some spots

I wasn't game to apply paint stripper incase the varnish had made it onto bare timber via a chip or cut, and I wasn't sure about the glassed surfaces reaction to the stripper either.
Next idea was to use the belt sander to rip it off, but I only had 80grit paper and I wasn't keen on the idea of cutting through the glass....

option c =

3 hours of hand sanding just to do 1 board mad mad mad

[Linked Image]

The board on the right has been heavily sanded and yet the varnish is still visible as cloudy white spots on the trailing edge, these will get another sand to remove them entirely.
The up side is the finish on the sections I've done is brilliant, and the board slides sweet as into the case now....
1 down..... 1 to go
tired
The 2nd board shouldn't be as bad, I'll start with the belt sander wink

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740