Originally Posted by Jake
Honestly, the performance differences here are in the same category of trying to handicap non-spinnaker boats against spinnaker boats or multihulls against monohulls. The performance range is going to vary so wildly over different wind speed and angles that it's just going to be absurd to try use any number to compare results between those different classifications.

You would be better off assigning a number between a foiling moth and a foiling cat.

100% Agree. Putting foilers with nonfoilers is ridiclous.

Once upon a time the question was posted here: Is a foiling multihull still a multihull? My answer was no then and it's hell no now! It's bad enough we have to sail against the two carbon fiber fly weights with a highly suspect number but at least they break 50% of the time when it's over 15. But a foiler with a silly number, come on! I've really tried to look past DPN racing and enjoy it for what it is but f@ck me! I really want to know what process was used to create that number.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"