C'mon Dave, we're friends. I've emailed or called you numerous times about all sorts of topics when I wasn't sure about them, so the answer could be real easy for you!

I told them I didn't care what the number was. We're only out there to learn how to sail the boat. There is no DPN rating. I suggested MYC put us somewhere between the RC30 and M20, but closer to the 30 number. I'm not in the business of setting the rating for boats. In my opinion, the RC got it wrong, we should be rated higher than the M20 in heavy seagrass conditions ha!

We did foil at the start for a bit, but there were too many weeds to keep it going. We did seven back downs during the race. We finally figured out how to make it really go after the bridge. Bret was in front of us until we passed him ?less than a mile from the finish. At that point we were fully foiling upwind! (no seagrass)

As far as FCS vs. Phantom, we were on the same course at Eurocat, but had separate starts. The RC posted our lap times but not the Phantom lap times so the jury is technically still out on which platform is faster. I couldn't find the Phantom in the Texel rating sheet just now either.

I agree that putting foilers and non-foilers in the same class is extremely difficult to score because the platforms are faster in different conditions. The rating for foiling boats should be quite extreme, when non foiling they are very draggy, then really fast in foiling conditions. We need way more data for sure. That is the rating game though. Factor in foiling skill as well and that is a whole different matter. At least we're not rated "All Sails!" I'd rather be racing OD, but let's not get into that one:-)