I posted a race event that I am currently working on offering $234,000.00 In Cash Prizes, In the threads there was a mention of comparison to the worrell 1000 and that I should read up on it.

Nowadays any post asking for money in the Net smells like a scam.

If you want to collect money and don't want it to look like a scam, the financials of your sailing event must be reliable, verifiable and easy to understand.

You smay ask for deposits in an escrow account in a bank, provided that the rules governing the account are well prepared.

Alternatively, you may use a reliable trustee. A well reputed treasurer of a well reputed yacht club or fleet is a strong candidate. Unknown people are not eligible - and that probably means you.

By the way: I would never send money to anyone writing in English with more mistakes than I do. Those mistakes are too simmilar to those found in scams. Find an educated adult to help you. find a fleet or yacht club to help too.

Ok, simply put I happen to be quite Educated, I do not however place much stock, value or worth in a misspelled word or even a few, as apparently some do, maybe I should, but I do not. It is not an easy task to take the necessary time to read and understand in the run of a day, multiple posts, emails, letters questions, what have you. Then sit down and respond to each one individually, promptly etc. Now combine that with your own agenda, Dailey routine of work, planning an event, making calls, contacts meetings etc. Now don't forget to include your family in there somewhere. Ok I thought about this, I am sure its the information and rapid reply that's important, not whether or not a word is exact or not.

thanks for the feedback on the other items you wrote of, I will keep that in mind upon setting things up at the bank. When I do so, I will post exactly how the trust account will work, taking into account all concerns, suggestions and feed back. Also, before there is any requirement for a deposit etc. There first must be enough Interested teams to support the event. No money is required until I at least have that, then the decision will be made to, carry it all out, not before. If or when this takes place those funds will go not to me, to a trust set up with a recognizable bank it will be that bank who will make payment of the prize. Any documentation as to this agreement to the bank, will be downloadable on the web site, complete with contacts numbers etc. I hope that this method will be satisfactory to all concerned, if not and there needs to be more done, than now would be the time for those suggestions on it.
thanks

Last edited by sail2007; 11/05/06 01:22 AM.